Meeting Business Papers and Minutes
- RAMROC represents the interests of Thirteen (13) Member councils;
- RAMROC brought together the former Murray ROC and RIVROC on 1st July 2007;
- Murray Region: Albury City westward to Wentworth Shire and north to Urana and Jerilderie Shires;
- Western Riverina Region: from Narrandera at eastern end to Carrathool and Hay Shires and includes City of Griffith;
- Overall RAMROC region has an area of 126,595 sq km with a population of 156,755;
- Principal population centres are Albury pop. 53,411 and Griffith 26,125;
- Region has mix of regional centres, medium sized towns and urban shires, through to rural shires large in area but small in population;
- Region encompasses the Murray, Murrumbidgee, Lower Murray-Darling and Lachlan Valley catchment areas.
- To work collaboratively to enhance the economic, social, economic and environmental capabilities of our communities so as to ensure the long term sustainability of our region.
RAMROC's Key Role
- To provide an effective means for discussion and action on issues of regional significance and common concern;
- To consider the needs of Local Government areas and the people of the region and to make known those needs to the Commonwealth and State Governments to advance the interests of the region;
- To give support to individual Member Councils on specific issues of local concern where appropriate;
- To strengthen the role of Local Government in regional affairs, particularly where the region may be affected by Commonwealth or State Government policy; and
- To facilitate the Member Councils working together and to co-operating on issues and projects of joint interest and benefit.