Pilates @ the fitness club
"Pilates develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong posture, restores physical vitality,
invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit" - Joseph Pilates
The Pilates method of body conditioning was developed over 90 years ago by Joseph Pilates and is a unique system of stretching and strengthening exercises. it strengthens and develops long lean muscles, improves posture , flexibility and balance and reduces pain. Through practice of this program you will achieve greater control and strength in your movements and everyday function.
Matwork Pilates, as practiced at tfc, teaches us that the body is the finest, and only, tool necessary for achieving physical fitness. Our classes are based around the seven core principles of Pilates;
- Concentration - Produces clarity of thought, better mental focus, increased mental energy and ability to handle difficult situations more calmly and positively.
- Centering - A strong centre is important to maintin good control and balance in the body as a whole.
- Breathing - Carries nutrients to all parts of the body effectively, improves waste eliminination, increases stamina and organ function.
- Control - Our muscles should obey OUR will, our will should not be dominate by the reflex actions of our muscles.
- Precision - leads more graceful movements and better balance.
- Flowing movement - gives you suppleness, natural grace and fluidity that will be reflected in all you do.
- Isolation - Strengthening individual muscles aids in the uniform development of all muscles.
- Routine - "Patience and persistence are vital qualities in the ultimate successful accomplishment of any worthwhile endeavour". - Joseph Pilates.
* Certificate IV in Fitness (Pilates)
* Pilates Practitioner in Matwork, Pregnancy, Remedial, Individual/Small Groups and Fitball
* Pilates instructor for more than 14 years
Viv has been teaching Pilates for over 15 years and loves watching as people discover the benefits of this program for themselves. This is a program that not only improves posture and keeps your body strong and mobile, the practice of it simply makes you feel good. She hopes to be teaching Pilates in decades to come.
* Cert III and IV in Fitness
* Cert IV in Pilates
Donna saw the benefit of adding Pilates to her fitness program after attending only a couple of sessions. As she learned about the principles behind such a program, she decided to become qualified to teach it so she could help others gain the same benefits. Since studying her Cert IV in Pilates in 2017 she has refined her skills through teaching and attending hundreds of classes and has come to understand a lot more about how movement affects the body. Donna enjoys using Pilates to help others build a deep core strength that gives them a sense of control over all body movements.
* Matwork Fundamentals - Network
Fiona's attraction to Pilates is due to its versatile application to all fitness levels and age groups. Pilates can be gentle or a serious work out and creates awareness of how our bodies should move effectively. Fiona loves seeing the benefit that people get from regularlyl attending sessions.
All classes are kept small to enable our instructors to provide individual attention ensuring the best possible results for beginners to advanced participants.
Monday 6:00pm Thursday 5:30pm Friday 7:00pm
|10 Visit Pass||$75.00||$130.00|
|20 Visit Pass||$150.00||$260.00|
|30 Visit Pass||$225.00||$390.00|
For More Info
Please contact GRALC
Ph 6962 822