GRALC COVID-19 REOPENING RESTRICTIONS
COVID-19 REOPENING RESTRICTIONS
On Tuesday 2 June the NSW Minister for Health, Mr John Barilaro, announced that Indoor Pools and Gyms could reopen from Saturday 13 June so long as they have no more than 1 person for every 2 square metres in the pool areas and 1 per 4 square metres in the gym areas and have completed a COVID-19 Safety Plan. Gyms must have a COVID Safety Marshall anytime there are more than 25 patrons present. [Updated December 2020 with eased restrictions).
As a result of this announcement, and updates in December 2020, GRALC will reopen and operate normal hours with some restrictions;
* No bookings required but if an area becomes crowded you may not be allowed to enter.
* Stay home if you are unwell.
* Aerobics classes will be limited to 25 participants maximum plus the instructor due to space restraints. Spinnerz will have 20 per class. Gentle Exercise will have 15 per class.
* There are no restrictions on the number of people in each pool, signs indicating the recommended number in recreation areas, based on 1 person per 2 square metres, will be displayed for your convenience.
* Only 20 people will be allowed in the gym at any one time.
* Social distancing must be adhered to at all times, keep a minimum of 1.5m between you and everyone else. Some gym equipment will not be available to allow for social distancing to be maintained.
* Everyone entering will be expected to use the hand sanitiser available in the foyer. Those using gym equipment will be expected to wipe it down with supplied disinfectant spray/wipes before and after they use it.
* Reception staff will not be accepting paper forms (membership, swim school etc), all forms are now available to fill in online at https://www.griffith.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/gralc/page.asp?p=DOC-SNP-75-60-41
* When paying at reception please use "tap and go" or insert your card whenever possible. Cash will be accepted from those that do not have any other option.
* Change rooms are open but patrons are reminded to spend as little time in the centre as possible.
* The kiosk will remain closed to encourage people to "get in, train, go home".
* Staff will be cleaning frequently touched surfaces several times during the day.
* The gym will close one hour earlier than the rest of the centre to allow for a full clean and disinfection of all equipment each day.
Looking for a one stop fitness centre? You have found the right place!