WASTE SERVICES SET TO BE STREAMLINED IN GRIFFITH
Waste services in Griffith are set to be streamlined with a contractor now in place to collect recycling and domestic waste bins around the city from 3 November 2018.
JR Richards and Sons, who held the contract for domestic recycling services, has been awarded a 10-year contract to deliver both the recycling and general waste collection service as a result of the competitive tendering process.
John Roser, Council’s Waste Operations Manager, said the most important thing was that Griffith residents would not notice a change in their rubbish collection.
“The new contract comes into effect from Saturday, 3 November 2018, and it will be business as usual as far as residents are concerned,” Mr Roser said.
Council will be retaining its current Commercial Collection Service.
Over the last financial year 26,420 tonnes of waste was processed in Griffith, 9,065 domestic waste collection services and 1,378 recycling collection services were provided, 1,516 tonnes were recycled and more than 2,400 residents used ‘dump for free’.
To make sure your bins get collected:
• Put your bin out the night before
• Place it on the nature strip, not the road
• Face the wheels to your house or property
• Ensure it’s safe and secure
• Don’t overload the bin – maximum weight is 70 kilograms
• Allow a minimum distance of one metre between your domestic waste bin and recycling bin
• Don’t place your bin under low branches
Contact Griffith City Council on 6962 8100 for more information or to report a problem with your bin. For more information about waste collection and recycling go to Council’s website www.griffith.nsw.gov.au