COUNCIL ROLLS OUT WELCOME MAT FOR NEW GRIFFITH RESIDENTS
Griffith City Council is rolling out the welcome mat to greet new people to the city.
New residents are invited to attend a welcome reception on Wednesday, 7 November, 2018 at 5.30pm.
The informal event will be held in the foyer of Griffith Regional Theatre, where new residents will get the chance to meet civic leaders and their new neighbours.
Any new arrivals to our City, are highly encouraged to attend, with welcome packs being presented.
Mayor John Dal Broi said the event would give newcomers a starting point to find out more about their new home.
“We think this is a good way to meet many of our new residents and encourage them to be engaged in our community," Cr Dal Broi said.
“Our welcome packs will have lots of useful information such as health and medical services, education options, recreation and other facilities.”
The reception will be a family friendly event, with a free movie screening, popcorn and pizza to keep the kids busy.
New residents join a diverse and cosmopolitan community of around 26,000 people who call Griffith home.
If you are a new resident or know someone who is, please register for this event on Eventbrite at griffith.nsw.gov.au/welcome or contact Council’s Economic Development Officer, Leanne Austin on 6962 8294 for more information.
New residents will be able to:
- meet our elected officials and some Council staff
- learn about our City
- get useful information about services and local businesses
- meet other newcomers, and
- enjoy some refreshments
Once you've moved to Griffith, you should:
- Enrol to vote in Council elections with the NSW Electoral Commission.
- If you have a pet, register your pet. Tell your old Council you've moved so they can update their animal database.
- Like us on Facebook - more than 4,000 people already do!