GRANTS PROGRAM DELIVERS FUNDS TO HELP THE COMMUNITY
Local charities, support programs and individuals have received a helping hand from Griffith City Council's Community Grant Program.
On Tuesday 5 June, 2018 Mayor John Dal Broi presented more than $32,000 to 18 community organisations assisting them in delivering a range of exciting initiatives for the benefit of the Griffith community.
Cr Dal Broi said it was rewarding to see so many worthy recipients.
“To be able to provide financial assistance to these organisations is fantastic because they play such a big part in helping enhance the wellbeing of our community, said Cr Dal Broi
“It gives me great pleasure to be able to present these funds.”
Council’s Community Development Coordinator Peta Dummett said “Council is happy to support activities which improve wellbeing and positive outcomes that benefit our Community.”
Chair of the Communities Committee, Councillor Anne Napoli agreed the Community Grant Program was a wonderful way to support local organisations and individuals reach their goals.
“The work being done by these groups is invaluable and will flow on to our community,” said Cr Napoli
Griffith City Council's Community Grants Program has two rounds per year, with community organisations, services and individuals able to apply.
The successful grant recipients are:
- Griffith Dragon Boat Club Inc - Promotion and marketing to advertise newly established sporting club – radio/television/cinema $2500
- Centacare - Refugee Week Dinner for new arrivals and community - $400
- Youth Off The Streets - Fitness Beyond Barriers activities money - $2500
- Junior Basketball coaching referee clinic - $2000
- Griffith North Public School - Keeping Kids Active Project - $2500
- Griffith Aboriginal Medical Service - Reconciliation Cup - $2500
- Meals On Wheels - Computer software - $2500
- Griffith Community Centre - Promotional resources - $1158
- Griffith Can Assist - Fuel vouchers for clients - $2500
- Griffith Showground trust - Security camera - $1930
- Conservatorium Music - Establish & refurbish newly acquired premises - $4,000
- War Memorial Museum - Promotional materials - $860
- Mason Donadel - Overseas - Futsal - $750
- Ningana Enterprises - Dishwasher for day program - $500
- Diabetes Association Griffith - Funds to purchase diabetic pumps - $2500
- Airforce Cadets - Financial support to relocate to Marian Catholic College - $500
- Headspace Griffith - Resources to engage youth when attending service -$2500
- Sarah Keenan - Selected for Australian triathlon championship - $750