Council >> Information Held by Council

Information held by Council

During 2009, legislation was passed through the NSW Parliament relating to access to government information - the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA). Apart from setting out a revised access to information regime, the legislation also established the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC). Both Section 12 of the Local Goverment Act and FOI have been abolished and all applications for information and documents are under GIPA.

If the information you are searching for is not currently on Council's website, please make enquiries with Council Customer Service either in person at 1 Benerembah Street, Griffith or by phoning 6962 8100 during Council office hours (8.15am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday).

What information is publicly available?

The following information can be obtained by contacting Council's Customer Service team:

  • Returns of Interests of Councillors and Designated Persons;
  • Land Register;
  • Register of Investments;
  • Register of Delegations;
  • Register of Graffiti Removal Works;
  • Council's Specific Plans of Management;
  • All applications for aproval under Part 1 or Chapter 7 in the Local Government Act;
  • Applications for approval under any other Act and any associated documents received;
  • Records of approvals granted or refused, any variation from Council Policies with reasons for the variation, and decisions made on appeals concerning approvals;
  • Orders given under Part 2 of Chapter 7 of the Local Government Act, and any reasons given under section 136 of the Local Government Act;
  • Records of Building Certificates under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979;
  • Plans proposed to be compulsorily acquire by Council;
  • Compulsory Acquistion Notices; and
  • Leases and Licenses for use of Public Land classified as Community Land.

For further details on the GIPA legislation the Information and Privacy Commission website at

Information about Griffith City Council

Plans and Strategies

Information About Development Applications

The following information relating to development applications is also prescribed as open access according to the GIPA Act:

  • Home warranty insurance;
  • Construction certificates;
  • Occupation certificates;
  • Structural certification documents;
  • Town planner reports;
  • Submissions received on development applications;
  • heritage consultant reports;
  • Tree inspection consultant reports;
  • Acoustic consultant reports;
  • Land contamination reports
  • records of decisions made on development applications (including decisions made on appeal).