NEW GRIFFITH CONSUL FOR ITALY READY TO LEND A HAND
Italian residents in Griffith seeking assistance with Italian affairs now have easy access to help with the appointment of Monica Busnello to the role of Honorary Vice Consul for Italy at a formal reception held in May 2019.
Following training in Sydney at the Italian consulate Ms Busnello will be available to provide assistance to locals from Monday 22 July 2019 at Griffith City Council.
Ms Busnello says she is excited to be able to lend a helping hand to Griffith residents.
“I have always worked with people, both in Italy, as a sales assistant and tax operator, but since I moved to Australia I have worked as a nurse at Scalabrini Village, and now at the hospital and as case manager for Home at Heart,” she said.
“I have always loved working with people and being helpful when I can, I can speak fluent English and Italian.
“I look forward to helping the Italian community as much as I can, and it is an honour for me to be covering this role in Griffith.”
Her role includes;
- providing information to, and assisting any Italians present in the area regarding consulate matters
- assisting Italian tourists that are in difficult situations in Australia, such as tourists that end up in hospital or jail
- assisting with citizenship requests, and transmitting all relevant documentation to the Consulate in Sydney
- AIRE registration for Italians citizens that live overseas
- information regarding passport requests or renewals, drivers licence renewals, pensions, etc
- collecting right paperwork for the transcription of documents such as births, marriages and deaths in the Italian Registry
- organising and participating to events involving the Italian community.
To find out more or to book an appointment contact 0401 261127. Ms Busnello will be working every Monday from 9am – 4pm or other days by appointment only.